Thursday 5 January 2012

Forgetting

Listening to the radio the other day, the words of the song hit me -
"You can't run when you're holding suitcases....Yes, it's a new day, throw away your mistakes and open up your heart, lay down your guard, you don't have to be afraid..."

Breathe

I carry around SO Much CRAP sometimes!
Goodness.
Just carry it around, letting the weight of it overwhelm me, lashing out at my beautiful family when I've got this stuff that actually isn't even mine - and I can lay it down.

This revelation just keeps on hitting me in sweet waves.

release

That's gonna be my theme song this year.

What's funny is as I was singing it, I realised I had been afraid of so much. So afraid.
So afraid of failure that I haven't started.
Afraid of the future being bleak when most days are actually pretty good.
Afraid of not having enough when I've got left-overs.
Afraid I'm not going to have good relationships with my children when they're being built right now.
Just nasty old fear, creeping in again, trying to look like stress or "busyness" - such a big 'ol liar.

I love this thought from Helen Keller, who overcame incredible challenges, she said, 'Security is a myth. The reason we don't experience it is because it doesn't exist. Avoiding danger or failure is no safer in the long run than out-right risk. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.'

So this year, I'm going to:
Rest in tiredness, when it comes
Dig wells in myself to make more space for my children's needs
Listen better
Push my mind and heart out of these four walls and take those needs I see to the Father
Be honest in love
Embrace the sacrifice of patience
Take deep breaths often
Smile for no reason until the reason appears

And I'm going to move FORWARD in the things burning in my heart, forgetting what is behind, believing that He'll give me the capacity and trusting that the good stuff is bedded in the soil of my heart, springing up even now.

No comments:

Post a Comment